Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu is one of the first institutions in the country to offer courses in Engineering and Technology. A pioneer in imparting quality regular and distance education, Annamalai University, Directorate of Distance Education (AUDDE) has emerged as one of the largest public residential university with 10 faculties and 49 departments of study.
The University offers admission to the various UG, PG, PG diploma, 1-year diploma, B.Ed and grade certificate dance and music programmes through Distance learning mode. Candidates applying for education through distance learning mode in the Annamalai University can fill the application forms available at the university website or obtain it in person / through post from the university office. Along with completed applications, candidate should also submit the registration fee of Rs. 290/- through Demand Draft in favour of DDE, Annamalai University and payable at Chidambaram.
Completed applications, along with the processing fee, should reach the university office on or before due date. Final selection of the candidate will be done on the basis of their qualifying degree merit.
Annamalai University Distance Education Result 2019
Candidates who will be appearing in the semester exams may check the time-table and notifications about result release from the offiicial website on following these steps:
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Go to students’ portal.
- Under the menu bar, choose “Result”.
- Select your course, and enter registration number.
- Result will be displayed in pdf form.
- Download the pdf if required.
MODE OF APPLICATION
START DATE – END DATE
28th Oct, 2018 – 28th Nov, 2018
UG Programmes Offered by the university
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- B. A. Tamil
- B. A. Functional Tamil
- B. A. English
- B.Litt. (Tamil)
- B. A. English & Communication
- B. A. Economics (E.M. & T.M.)
- B. A. History and Heritage Management (E.M. & T.M.)
- B. A. Sociology (E.M. & T.M.)
- B. A. Human Rights (E.M. & T.M.)
- B. A. Social Welfare Administration (E.M. & T.M.)
- B. A. Political Science (E.M. & T.M.)
- B. A. Public Administration (E.M. & T.M.)
- B. A. Police Administration (E.M. & T.M.)
- B. A. Social and Civic Studies (E.M. & T.M.)
- B. A. Population Studies (E.M. & T.M.)
- B. A. Social Work (E.M.)
- Bachelor of Rural Management (E.M. & T.M.)
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- B.B.A. (E.M. & T.M.)
- B.B.A. Computer Applications (E.M.)
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)
- B.Com. (E.M. & T.M.)
- B.Com. (Computer Application) (E.M.)
- B.Com. (Business Studies) (E.M)
- B.Com. (International Business) (E.M)
- B.Com. (Accounting and Finance) (E.M. & T.M.)
- B.Com. (Marketing Management) (E.M. & T.M.)
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Mathematics with Computer Applications
- B.Sc. Physics
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Botany
- B.Sc. Zoology
- B.Sc. Psychology
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. IT
- B.Sc. Visual Communications
Eligibility for UG Courses
Candidate should have passed 12th /intermediate or equivalent qualification from a recognized board.
PG Courses Offered by the University
Master of Business Amdinistration (M.B.A.)
- M.B.A. E-Business
- M.B.A. International Business
- M.B.A. Marketing Management
- M.B.A. Financial Management
- M.B.A. Human Resource Management
- M.B.A. Hospital Management
Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A.)
Master of Commerce (M.Com.)
Eligibility for PG Courses
Candidate should possess graduate degree with minimum 55% and 50% for SC/ST marks from an affiliated university/ Institute
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Eligibility: Candidate should possess UG/PG degree or both with minimum 55% and 50% for SC/ST marks from an affiliated university/ Institute.
How to Apply
BA , B.Ed & MA
- Candidates seeking admission in distance learning programmes of Annamalai University may register through the online application process available at the official website of the Annamalai University DDE.
- Candidates applying for education through distance learning mode in the Annamalai University can fill the application forms available at the university website or obtain it in person / through post from the university office. Along with completed applications, candidate should also submit the registration fee through Demand Draft in favour of DDE, Annamalai University and payable at Chidambaram
Candidate should attach the following certificates along with completed applications:
- Mark list/Grade Certificates of the qualifying examination
- Provisional/Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Passport size photograph should be affixed in the application at the appropriate space
- Community Certificate for BC/BCM/MBC/DNC/SC/SCA/ST
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Transfer and Conduct/Migration Certificate
- Certificate of extracurricular activities
BA , BBA/BBM & B.Com
There are a total of three ways to get admission in Annamalai University Distance Education (AUDDE) which are illustrated one by one here:
- Spot Selection: For those who live near to any one of the Annamalai University’s study center, spot selection is the best option for getting admission to the university. Selection for direct admissions is done on the basis of availability of seats which is decided at the study centers itself. However, it is not applicable to lateral entry.
- Admission Through Post: In case the applicant does not live nearby any Annamalais study center, in that case, candidates may send the duly filled application form through post at the address mentioned in the prospectus of the university. Along with the application form, the student has to send following documents (xerox copy):- Certificates of minimum required qualification, transfer/migration certificate and stamp-size photograph. Here, students have to note that demand draft and original certificates are not to be sent enclosed with the application form.
- Admission Procedure for Lateral Entry Programs: Candidates aspiring admission in second or third year have to produce the proof that he/she has successfully completed the previous year’s program from another recognized university in the same discipline with minimum 3/4th of syllabi common to Annamalai’s. The university has asked candidates to enclose their transfer certificate, original mark sheet, migration certificate, an attested photocopy of the syllabus that he/she had studied, as well as evidence of his Date of Birth along with the filled in application form.
Reservation is provided under the following categories in accordance with the rules set by Government of India:
- Annual Income
Note : 5% of seats are reserved for differently abled candidates.